Tuesday 23 October 2012

A Poem on Dyslexia


The following is a poem on dyslexia written by Elorm Kofi Deh, a JHS 3 pupil of Kay-Billie-Klaer Academy. He wanted to submit it for the 'Dyslexia is ...? Writers/Poets Contest'. Unfortunately, he couldn't meet the deadline for submission. So, I suggested he permits me to put the poem on my blog for readers to see. 

Pictured with me is Elorm Kofi Deh, the author of the poem

Dyslexia is not a curse
neither is it a contagious disease
Dyslexic children are God’s creation
This is why we need to stop discriminating
They are just like you and me
Though they don’t see the way we see
they can make it with hardwork and effort
All they need is faith and support

Are you a child who is always teased at school?
Don’t be discouraged, just show them that you are cool
Just because you can’t read or spell
doesn’t mean you cannot be well
Don’t let dyslexia bring you down
You can be sure that with time you will get through
You are talented and special in your own way
Don’t let this setback take your joy away

You are a bright light waiting to be lit
So don’t see yourself as a misfit
Make an effort and do what you can
Keep on trying and never quit
You are a star on earth shining bright
You will sure rise to the highest height
Just believe in yourself because
YOU TOO CAN!!   

© 2012 Elorm Kofi Deh. Used by permission.

2 comments:

  1. Koame Ndah Gyetuah4:27 pm, October 01, 2016

    El Kaydii wow... I wish I saw this earlier. I'm proud of you buddy.

    ReplyDelete